Novel: Vampire Academy

1:25 PM


I am the type of girl who is not into reading. I don’t like reading books – academic or novels. It gives me headache. Rather, I chose the movie version rather than reading the whole thing. But something weird happened (lol), for this month of April, I just read my very first novel of my life --- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.

I am a movie junkie – its given. I spend so much time in front of the tv switching channels and looking for good movies. It happens; I found and watched again VAMPIRE ACADEMY: BLOOD SISTERS on one of the channels. The movie is not that much, but I liked it. I like the characters and I like the leading actor and actress which is Zoey Deutch (as Rose Hathaway) and Danila Kozlovzky (as Dimitri Belikov). I was actually fan girling after I watched the movie and did a little research about Vampire Academy. Then, I found out it is a novel.


First Book's PLOT

In Vampire Academy (novel), guardian in training Rosemarie "Rose" Hathaway and Moroi princess Vasilisa "Lissa" Dragomir are brought back to their school, St. Vladimir's Academy, after running away two years previously. Upon their return, Guardian Dimitri Belikov, who was the leader of the team of guardians sent to retrieve the two, is assigned to be Lissa's guardian and offers to mentor Rose in her guardian training. He believes Rose can be an excellent guardian to Lissa due to the presence of a rare one-sided psychic bond to Lissa, which allows her to know the latter's thoughts, emotions, and whereabouts. Rose agrees, knowing this is the only way she will be allowed to remain, and on graduation, be Lissa's guardian. When Lissa becomes depressed she engages in self-mutilation. It is revealed that she has a miraculous ability to heal others. Lissa becomes friends with an outcast Moroi classmate, Christian Ozera. Rose reaches through her bond while confined to her room to find that Lissa is being kidnapped. She sneaks out of her room to tell Dimitri that Lissa has been kidnapped, but they are distracted by a lust charm planted by Victor Dashkov, close uncle-figure of Lissa and father of Natalie Dashkov, Lissa's and Rose's friend. After Dimitri disposes of the charm, Rose directs a convoy to the kidnapper's hideout, with Christian stowing away during the ride. The school guardians are able to rescue Lissa from the man she has called "Uncle" all her life, Victor, and she heals Christian when he is fatally injured during the struggle. Lissa adopts him as her boyfriend after that. Dimitri reveals that he has feelings for Rose but cannot have a relationship with her because of their age difference, and also because he worries that he won't be able to guard Lissa if she is near him. This is where the first book, Vampire Academy, ends.

The 1st book in the series, Vampire Academyit was followed by Frostbite. The 3rd book in the series, Shadow Kissand the 4th book, Blood Promise. The 5th book, Spirit Boundand the 6th book, Last Sacrifice.


Due to my short addiction of the Romitri (Rose + Dimitri) tandem, I searched for the second film of the VA novel. Sadly, there’s none due to some reasons and it broke my heart (lol). So, that is why, I decided to read the book to be able to follow the story which took me more than 2 weeks to finish the series -- six (6) books. But wait, there’s more! The vampire academy novel series is followed by the Bloodlines series which is another six (6) books.

XOXO

Disclaimer: photos and plot are not mine

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments